The chances are good that if you’ve been driving around Atlanta for a while, you’ve come across several billboards promoting real estate investment businesses.
They usually claim things like “We Buy Houses Atlanta!” or “We Buy Condos Atlanta!” Alternatively, “We Buy Atlanta Condos!” “Cash for Your House” is an alternative phrase.
Are the “We Buy Houses in Atlanta” companies that advertise on television reputable and legitimate businesses?
Which local property purchasing firms should I consider? How can I know whether the companies I’m considering are honest and trustworthy?
At first glance, they all seem to be the same, but this is not always the case. To help you decide whether or not to work with a local home purchase company, we’ll guide you thru some of the traits you should look for in a company before you make a decision.
Purchasing and selling real estate is a respectable and acknowledged profession that has the potential to benefit both communities and house sellers in a number of different ways. Although it is true that a minority of house purchasers in any market is responsible for dragging the rest of us into contempt, this is true of every other line of business as well.
In our world, there are some genuinely lovely, honest individuals who are working hard to make their communities better, one property at a time.
At the other end of the spectrum are the shady, dishonest individuals who prioritize their own financial gain over the welfare of their clients, and who would sign a contract to sell their own grandmother with one hand while stabbing you in the back with the other if it meant making a good enough profit for themselves.
They do exist, and they are dangerous.
We’ll assist you in avoiding these “shady home buyers” so that you may deal with honest, ethical, and trustworthy local organizations that can purchase your property for a fair all-cash offer and close on your schedule.
But, for the time being, let us not concentrate on the bad-at least not for the time being.
First, let’s take a look at what some of the most successful home flippers are currently up to.
Find Out What Reputable Atlanta House Buyers Are Up To in the City.
- Giving individuals access to the cash they need to enhance their lives allows them to make positive changes in their lives. People commonly use the cash they have on hand to cover unexpected medical expenses or to move in order to be closer to a family member who has become ill or disabled. Depending on your needs, we may do it in a few days and offer you complete peace of mind.
- It is our specialty to sell a difficult property without the hassle of having to promote it with a broker and then waiting months and months for a deal to occur.
- creating new employment opportunities in the community. While conducting business, we employ a wide range of professionals, including plumbers, contractors, and electricians, as well as brokers, title agents, loan officers, administrators, and a number of other employees. When a real estate transaction is completed from beginning to finish, an average of 86 individuals are involved. Our investments contribute to the development of actual employment for residents of and visitors to Atlanta, Georgia, and the surrounding areas (GA).
- Purchasing products that are manufactured in the United States In order to support the local economy, we spend a significant amount of money on materials that are created in the United States. This results in the creation of employment in our lumber mills, manufacturing facilities, supply shops, distribution centers, and other facilities. The economy of the United States is reliant on continuous progress, which demands investment from individuals like myself and others.
- Atlanta’s communities are becoming more valuable in monetary terms. When we make renovations to a property, we are contributing to the general increase in the value of the surrounding neighborhood and community. Every year, we repair and refurbish abandoned and neglected residences, converting them into beautiful family homes. This action has a positive impact on the city of Atlanta.
- Increasing the size of the tax base is an important step. When a new owner purchases one of our properties, the new owner will be liable for a higher tax rate, which will be determined by the rise in value of the property. Those taxes are used to pay for our schools, fire agencies, police departments, libraries, roadways, and other critical pieces of infrastructure around the country. Once again, we are putting forth an effort to make our communities better.
Isn’t it really great, by the way?
Many people consider house flipping to be a get-rich-quick scheme, and they are right. Because the fact of what we do on a daily basis is pretty mundane compared to what we see on absurd “reality” programs that exaggerate the drama, this phenomenon is fostered.
Most of our work entails collaborating with a large number of individuals in order to guarantee that everything is completed in a timely manner. We need to keep track of a huge number of moving parts at the same time.
So let’s go back to how you may use this information to identify whether or not someone is a real investor rather than someone who is attempting to defraud you by purchasing your home via a scam.
The Most Effective Way to Ensure You’re Dealing With a Reputable Local House Buyer is to Ask a Few Questions.
Make certain that the local house buyer you are speaking with is reputable, well-informed, and honest by asking them some of the questions mentioned below before you chat with them about the potential of selling your property.
Questions with no clear answer, such as the following:
- What tactics do you use in order to support your customers?
- What specifically do you do to assist others?
- What services do you offer? Can you tell me a little more about them?
- When it comes to your firm, which component offers you the greatest satisfaction?
- What would be the most accurate way to describe your investing philosophy?
- How can I be assured that you will finalize the sale of my house on the date you have stated in your contract?
Second, keep an eye out for telltale signs of the methods that a small number of shady operators are known to use.
- As an example, the seller may seek to have you sign the deed (transfer of ownership) over to them in your house rather than at a professional facility such as an attorney’s office or title firm… Precautions should be taken. In most cases, a neutral third party, such as a title firm, will conduct the actual closing of the deal, which is done by the majority of respectable home purchasing organizations. This guarantees that everything is completed appropriately and in accordance with ethical standards and procedures.
- House buyers who try to pressure you into selling your property by telling you that you must make a decision right away should be avoided at all costs, according to the National Association of Realtors. In the vast majority of cases, professional property buying firms will make you an offer, which will be on the table for at least 2–7 days (at the absolute minimum) before you must decide whether or not to accept it. Due to the fact that market changes and valuations might vary from week to week based on prior sales in the area, among other reasons, reputable property purchasing services such as ours at Georgia Fair Offer establish deadlines for our bids. In making an offer to buy your home, we are assuring you that the cash to purchase your home is available, and we will keep that cash on hand for a few days so that, if you decide to sell your home, we may close on the date that is most convenient for you. Alternatively, if you determine that the offer is not a suitable match for you, we will use the funds to assist another seller in selling their home.
The vast majority of scammers are looking for a fast payout rather than a time-consuming interview process.
In most cases, they’ll come up with a reason to get off the phone and go on to someone who won’t bother them too much with too many questions.
While real estate investors that operate honest and ethical Atlanta home purchase services are concerned with the short term, genuine investors who are concerned with the long term are concerned with building relationships and contributing to community development.
During your conversation with a representative from one of the “we buy homes in Atlanta” firms, don’t be afraid to ask questions about the process.