Selling my Atlanta home and moving to another city
Relocation is a demanding exercise in teamwork that requires cooperation on a variety of levels. Every week, we receive phone calls from local Atlanta property sellers who are relocating and need to sell their home in Atlanta quickly and efficiently. Their reason for selling is that they are relocating and will be unable to continue living in Atlanta. It’s a good thing that we are able to assist a significant proportion of those sellers in selling their home quickly (since we are currently actively purchasing houses in Atlanta, Georgia!).
It can be overwhelming to keep track of all of the details, on top of the stress of dealing with whatever it is that is causing you to migrate in the first place — it’s usually a new job or a sick relative, but the real necessity to relocate always involves a substantial shift in lifestyle.
In such case, what is the most effective strategy for making the most of a bad situation?
Preparing ahead of time will save you time and frustration later on.
In an ideal situation, you would not find yourself in the position of having to pay to own and maintain a vacant house for more than two years. That quickly becomes excessively expensive, and it does not have to be this way in the first place.
The Atlanta real estate market is currently quite stable, but if the right opportunity presents itself, everything could change in the blink of an eye. There have been some very horrible stories of tragedy shared with us over the last few of decades. Most individuals, unless they are quite affluent, cannot afford to sit around and wait for things to become better.
In the event that you are relocating and require a speedy sale of your Atlanta Georgia home, how do you determine which alternative to choose between the two?
As part of my relocation, I require the sale of my house in Atlanta as soon as feasible… Alternatives to Consider and Next Steps
- Find out how much your house is worth by doing the following: You can do so by speaking with an experienced realtor or by contacting us directly. We will offer you with a no-obligation and free home appraisal of your property. The length of time you are willing or able to keep the house on the market will depend on how much money the house is worth in the current market. Once you’ve calculated how much your house is worth in the current market, you can determine how long you are capable of holding onto it.
- Assess your needs in terms of how quickly you need to sell your house after moving. For example: This is a significant problem. It has happened to me in the past that professionals who had to relocate out of state for a job kept their house on the market for more than a year before selling it for a substantially lower price than they had anticipated. Determining how quickly you need to sell your home… as well as how long you’re willing to continue making your two mortgage payments, your insurance payments, and any other payments on your property…
- Find a reliable real estate agent to work with. BEFORE you begin packing boxes, keep the following points in mind: So that you don’t waste any time, get things started as soon as feasible. Every month that you wait, or every month that it takes to sell your home, is a month that you are losing money on your investment. In the event that you do not choose to sell your home through a real estate agent, we are a reputable local house buyer who would be glad to make you a fast and fair all-cash offer on your property. In order to get started, simply fill out the form provided at the following link >> We buy houses Atlanta
- The following calculation can be used to determine the value of selling your house soon versus “sitting it out” for a dream price: When it comes to selling our homes, we all want to get the most money possible. Another factor to consider is how much money it will cost you to maintain your current property for the foreseeable future. This is something that many people forget to take into consideration. In addition to the mortgage (which, if you’re still within the first 10 years of your mortgage, will account for the vast majority of your payments, with only a small portion of your payments going toward principal), insurance, taxes, and upkeep are all costs associated with owning a home, among other things. Suppose you want to sell your house for $200,000 and you have the following situation: and your mortgage payment is $1,200 per month, your taxes are $200 per month, your insurance is $100 per month, and your maintenance is $100 per month (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, and so forth). Non-equity-building expenses amount $1,600 every month, or $1,600 per year, for a total of $1,600. If it takes you seven months to sell your house through a real estate agent for $200,000, it will have cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding expenditures,” on top of the $12,000 in real estate agency commissions, in addition to the $200,000 in sales commissions (assuming 3 percent for the buyers agent and 3 percent for the sellers agent). A total of $23,200 in money was lost as a result of this situation. Not to mention the value of your time, the stress you endured while fretting about the house being put on the market, and the opportunity cost of what you could have done with the extra money you had during those seven months, among other considerations As a result, the true cost to you was likely closer to $30,000 rather than $10,000. To put it another way: imagine selling your house next week and being free of all of this stress. In the event that you sell for a discount below the retail price (let’s say… $175,000), you’re still ahead of the game because you sold the house NOW for less than the retail price to a home buyer like our firm rather than 7 months later at full price, which would have resulted in you losing more money (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Is that what you’re saying?
- Take action now! Whichever path you choose, make a decision and then follow through on it. I think it’s excellent that you desire to collaborate with a real estate agent. Obtain the services of a dependable real estate agent in the Atlanta, Georgia area. For those who don’t want to wait and don’t want to pay commissions to real estate agents, selling your home to us may be a sensible option for you.
If you have a lot of free time and a particularly excellent property, you might want to test the market by putting it up for sale at a high price to draw buyers’ attention. In the unlikely event that you meet the right person and they fall in love with you, they may be willing to overpay for your services – people will go to extremes for love.
In reality, the vast majority of properties are only ordinary in quality. In many ways, they resemble the other houses in the area, just as people who live in close proximity to one another have a lot in common. Because of this, unless your home is truly exceptional, as in a magazine-quality extra-special, pricing it at the highest point in the market will not result in you getting the maximum amount of money available in the market.
Moreover, by simultaneously offering your property for rent and for sale, you will be able to determine which option is more effective. Controlling the process is essential, and even the most seasoned real estate brokers might find it difficult to maintain control.
When working with property owners, we may be able to assist them in obtaining lease option agreements, which allow highly qualified buyers to rent a home for a certain amount of time before deciding whether or not to buy it.
Additionally, we may be able to assist you with refinancing your loan, making monthly payments, or completing an out-of-court short sale with a financial institution.
We take pleasure in supporting others in overcoming difficult obstacles.
Creativity can assist you in bridging the gap between where you are now and where you aspire to be in the future.
Please get in touch with us if you need to sell a home in Atlanta, to learn more about Georgia Fair Offer and how we can assist you if you’re relocating.
We’re a group of real estate investors. The fact that we acquire properties from Atlanta homeowners who need to sell swiftly for a number of reasons allows us to provide for our family while also improving the appearance of our city’s neighborhoods.
Sellers who are interested in… are more inclined to collaborate with us than those who are not…
Ideally, we would like to sell our house as quickly as feasible (we can close in as little as 14 days if you need us to)
When it comes to listing a home with an agent, you don’t want to deal with the hassle of doing so.
You do not want to be obligated to pay real estate commissions.
Their home is not selling for a variety of reasons, and they are frustrated (we buy houses in as-is condition)
… or any of a variety of additional considerations
We, on the other hand, are driven individuals that believe in the potential of the Atlanta region.
In our contacts with you, we are direct and honest in our approach.
We’ll provide you with an honest quote, and because we have cash on hand, we’ll be able to close swiftly on the transaction.
Managing the sale of your house from a distance is possible if you’re ready to wait and have the financial resources to hire professionals to assist with the process. This is a risk that, in certain circumstances, can prove to be beneficial.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Atlanta real estate, so please feel free to call us at (404) 855-0944 and chat with us anytime.