Selling your home is something you’ll likely have to do only a few times in your lifetime. It may also be a tremendous pain in the rear if you don’t know a local Atlanta real estate agent who will sell your house for free or at a significantly reduced commission… and it can be an extremely expensive procedure for you as well.
So… I’m thinking you found your way to this page on “How to sell your house by yourself in Atlanta GEORGIA” due of a combination of factors…
- As a result of having no or very little equity in your home, you cannot afford to pay the charges charged by a real estate agent.
- You have equity in your home, but you want to attempt to save money by selling it yourself before enlisting the services of an agent.
- You’re facing foreclosure (or are on the verge of facing foreclosure) and need to sell your home as soon as possible without spending thousands in agent commissions.
- As a result, you don’t have the luxury of waiting the months and months it can take to sell a house in the Atlanta region in current market, so you try to sell it as quickly as possible.
Whatever category you fall into, there are several options for selling your home on your own in the local Atlanta real estate market.
From 2013 until the present, the housing sector has experienced a significant resurgence. You will almost certainly make money if you sell your house at this time if you do it correctly. Using effective marketing methods and being honest about your expectations for what you want to achieve with this transaction are the most important factors in most situations.
This post will provide some tips to assist you in selling your house in the Atlanta area on your own terms.
What You Need to Know About Selling Your House By Yourself in Atlanta, Georgia (GA) – Let’s Get Started.
Know Your Way Around The Atlanta Real Estate Market
Market research in your neighborhood in the Atlanta GEORGIA (GA) area is the first and most critical stage in starting a small business. In this phase, you’ll look at numerous house marketing websites (such as Zillow, Eppraisal, the Chase home value estimator, and so on), speak with one or two real estate agents to find out how much your property is worth, or read about various market pricing techniques. When you conduct thorough research on these problems, you will be able to determine the appropriate selling price for your home, as well as avoid making certain selling blunders.
If you don’t want to deal with the hassle of trying to figure out what your house is worth on the retail market, give us a call at (404) 855-0944 and we’ll give you an honest, fair appraisal of what your house is worth on the retail market (assuming you’re willing to wait the 3-6+ months to find the perfect retail buyer). And if you want to sell your house soon, we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer to provide you the choice of selling quickly (we can close in as little as 14 days if you want to).
Evaluate the market
A much like conducting market research, except that you are restricted to your immediate neighborhood and similar properties.. Is there a large number of houses for sale in your Atlanta neighborhood? If so, what is the average price that they are asking for their listings? If so, do you have a large number of foreclosures in your neighborhood? It’s possible that this will lower the value of your home.
Examine the interior of the house
As a seller, your home should be in excellent condition or form in order to sell quickly and for a reasonable price. Make a list of the company’s distinguishing traits and use them to your advantage while promoting it. When it comes to buying a home in Atlanta, a property with driveway parking may be more appealing to buyers than a house with an attached garage parking space.
In addition, does your home require any repairs? Is it necessary to repaint the interior or exterior? What is the current state of the roof? The landscape appears to be in good condition. Is the house in any way out of date? (You know, those popcorn ceilings;-) All of these factors can make a home more or less appealing to a buyer, depending on their preferences, which might affect the price they are ready to pay.
After everything that has happened… Identify a reasonable asking price for your Atlanta house and present it to potential buyers. If the price isn’t too high, it won’t take you more than a year to sell the house… However, because it is appealing, you will draw a swarm of consumers who are eager to purchase it as soon as possible.
Make use of photographs or videos.
Buyers in Atlanta are preoccupied with the media. By filming walk-through films of the house and using the videos to advertise, you will be able to reach a larger audience with your home. In fact, taking films is considered to be more transparent than taking images in this situation. The latter choice, on the other hand, should not be discounted due to the fact that it is more economical when compared to the video.
So get out there and snap some amazing shots. Take a snapshot of every room in the house that will help to show off the property. Take several pictures of the house from different perspectives from the exterior… It is common for individuals to want to see the house before they really go to visit it. As a result, having excellent photos of your home online could mean the difference between finding the appropriate buyer quickly and waiting months and months to sell your house.
Get your home “listed” on the local Atlanta Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and begin marketing it.
These days, you can locate no-fee or low-fee real estate brokers who will charge you a few hundred dollars to list your home on the Atlanta Multiple Listing Service (MLS). This puts your home in front of as many real estate agents as possible in a short period of time (be prepared to pay those “buyers” agents a 2-3 percent buyers broker fee if you intend to enlist their assistance in helping you find a buyer, though).
Advertise in the local newspaper, post signs on the roadways, and host an open house to promote your business.
All of this sounds like a lot of effort to put forth in order to sell your Atlanta house quickly.
It is possible.
And, in the end, many Atlanta home sellers believe they are saving money and time by selling their home on their own… When, in the end, taking that approach results in them spending more money.
You should take the following factors into consideration while selling your own home:
- If you’re not a strong marketer or don’t want to spend a lot of time selling your home, you shouldn’t buy a house. It’s possible that selling it yourself isn’t your best option.
- As a result of your poor preparation of the property and marketing materials… as well as your failure to interact closely with purchasers in order to genuinely build the value of your house in their thoughts… The house may actually sell for 3-8 percent less than the price you would receive if an expert person were to promote the house for you, according to some estimates.
- Too many merchants fail to consider the expenses of maintaining inventory or the price of missed opportunities… Every month that your house remains unsold means another mortgage payment, another tax payment, another insurance payment, another utility payment, and so on. Consider the following scenario: your monthly mortgage payment is $1,500… with $1,300 of that being interest… If it takes you seven months to sell your home, you will have spent an additional $9,100. (not to mention taxes and insurance you paid during that time). In that case, if you were able to sell that house more rapidly, would it make sense for you to offer a buyer a discount now in order to close quickly and move on? That is something to consider.
In the event that you would prefer not to go through the headache of trying to sell your Atlanta home alone… It is more convenient for me to simply sell it fast for a fair price without paying any commissions or fees…
Georgia Fair Offer is a real estate investment company that buys houses in the Atlanta, Georgia (GA) area.
We’d love to make you a reasonable cash offer for your house that is completely FREE, WITHOUT ANY OBLIGATION, and WITHOUT HASSLE.
We have the ability to close swiftly (in as little as 7 days if you so desire)… Rather of trying to sell the house yourself and waiting months, you might save thousands of dollars by hiring a professional.
Also, when we buy Atlanta houses we do all repairs that are needed (we pay for it ourselves) so you don’t have to worry about that.
If you want to see what we can pay for your house, give us a call today at (404) 855-0944 or just fill out the quick simple form through the link below.